We all want a well behaved dog, so it is best to start as you mean to go on! There are many benefits to teaching your puppy to be well behaved at an early age. Young puppies are quite able to learn obedience skills, toileting behaviour and social boundaries. All of these things help make your relationship with your dog more rewarding for the years to come.
We provide an effective Puppy Pre-school program for all of the puppies that visit our clinic. With our progressive and positive learning techniques you will:
- Develop an understanding of normal puppy behaviour.
- Learn how to read your puppy's body language and respond appropriately.
- Develop effective techniques for positive behavioural development.
- Learn important tips about walking in public areas.
- Understand the need for socialising your puppy.
- Teach your puppy some important 'do not' lessons
- Understand important boundaries when playing together.
- Develop strong bonds between you and your puppy
The most important thing about Puppy Pre-school is to start early! Puppies experience their peak socialisation period between the ages of three and 14 weeks, so we want to get them well-socialised within that time. Waiting too long can also allow behaviour problems to establish which then require more intensive training to overcome.
So start today and call us about enrolling your puppy in our local puppy pre-school classes!
Our puppy school is run by Tineke, our head nurse and practice manager. She is an experienced and skilled dog handler. Puppy school is run for 8-16 week old puppies. They need to have had their first 8-week vaccinations prior to attending.
Classes run for four weeks, and are usually held at 6.30pm on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening. Classes run for one hour, and cover training, socialisation and dog care. The cost of the course is $85 for the full four weeks.