There are many benefits to teaching your puppy to be well behaved at an early age. Young puppies are quite able to learn obedience skills, toileting behaviour and social boundaries. All of these things help make your relationship with your dog more rewarding for the years to come.
We provide an effective Puppy Pre-school program for all of the puppies that visit our clinic. With our progressive and positive learning techniques you will:
- Develop an understanding of normal puppy behaviour.
- Learn how to read your puppy's body language and respond appropriately.
- Develop effective techniques for positive behavioural development.
- Learn important tips about walking in public areas.
- Understand the need for socialising your puppy.
- Teach your puppy some important 'do not' lessons
- Understand important boundaries when playing together.
- Develop strong bonds between you and your puppy
The most important thing about Puppy Pre-school is 'start early'. Waiting too long can allow behaviour problems to establish which then require more intensive training to overcome.
So start today and call us about enrolling your puppy in our local Puppy Pre-school classes.
Tineke our Groomer takes our Puppy School Classes. She is an experienced and skilled dog handler. Puppy School is for 8-16 week old puppies. They only need there first 8 week old vaccinations. The Classes go for 4 weeks and start at 6.30 pm on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening. They go for about an hour. The most important lesson to understand with your puppy is that they are "Pack Animals". This means that they see you as the head of their pack. Their natural inclination is to be the boss. Your aim is to make them understand that you are the boss. This means that you must dominate them. This does not mean being cruel but it does mean that you are firm and consistent in how you treat your puppy. Ring 9375 7955 to book into our next Puppy School. The cost is $85 for the 4 weeks.